HEALTH & SAFETY
MAINTAINING A SAFE AND HEALTHY WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Total Recruitment is committed to providing a healthy and safe workplace for all our employees. Prior to employment all Temporary Employees are educated in our Health and Safety Programme. They complete a Health questionnaire that covers the candidate's health history and highlights any areas of concern, that could interfere with their ability to perform the full duties of the position for which they are applying.
We are committed to partnering with our clients, to continuously improve onsite Health and Safety, and to aid this we undertake onsite audits of all clients’ sites prior to placing staff.
Total Recruitment abides by the rules and regulations covered by the Health and Safety section of the Employment Act. Health & Safety is both the individual, and shared responsibility of all employees. A personal commitment and involvement is essential to establish and maintain a safe and healthy working environment. It is our intention to work closely with our clients to understand site expectations and communicate these to our employees. The following responsibilities are essential to the success of the policy:
MANAGEMENT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Integrating where possible, health & safety into all aspects of the workplace.
- Promoting communication about health and safety as a normal component of work.
- Taking action to provide and maintain a healthy and safe workplace.
EMPLOYEES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Working in a healthy and safe manner.
- Encouraging others to work in a healthy and safe manner.
- Discouraging others from working in an unsafe manner.
- Reporting any unsafe conditions.